[asterisk-users] Little OT: Compilation of EICON driver fails with capi errors

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 27 13:51:53 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 19:49 +0200, Stefan Guenther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use a 4 port ISDN card from EICON/DIALOGIC in our asterisk server.
> The system is a Ubuntu 7.10 with kernel 2.6.23.1. The compilation of the
> kernel finishes without any problems. I have downloaded and installed
> the deb-source package that EICON/DIALOGIC offers. Th installation
> script crashes with the following error messages:
[snip]

I have a couple of single BRI and one quad BRI Eicon Diva Server cards.
On Fedora 6 and 7 and CentOS 4.x and 5 there is no need to install
anything from Eicon. The kernel already includes the modules for these
Eicon Diva Server cards. Here is how I load the modules manually:

/sbin/modprobe -v divas
/sbin/modprobe -v diva_idi
/sbin/modprobe -v kernelcapi
/sbin/modprobe -v capi