[asterisk-users] Realtime on Asterisk 1.2.24

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 11:07:32 CDT 2007

> I *STRONGLY* recommend that you do NOT use realtime extensions.  If you
> want a dynamic dialplan, the correct way to do it is to segregate your
> logic
> and your data (via something like func_odbc), not to stick all of your
> logic
> into a database.
>
> --
> Tilghman

I'm confused by your statement here.  Isn't it the whole idea behind ARA to
put as much of your dial plan in a database?  Or are you referring to static
extensions.conf settings?  I'm just getting into func_odbc and maybe I'm
still not completely clear on the benefits over res_mysql with ARA.  95% of
my dial plan is in a database and is working fine for me.

Please clarify if you have a moment.

Thanks.

JR
---