[asterisk-users] Need to run ztcfg manually?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Oct 27 03:04:44 CDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 04:52:07PM -0800, Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
> I don't have T1 but it seems that the first time I run ztcfg (or in
> fact, the zaptel startup script runs it for me) it fails.

What distribution is it?

RHEL4 / CentOS4 has an early udev version that seems to react quite
slowly.

For that reason that zaptel init.d script includes a delay loop. In
earlier versions it had waited up to 10 seconds for /dev/zap/ctl to
appear. In current versions it waits up to 20 seconds, and that number
is configurable through /etc/sysconfig/zaptel (or /etc/default/zaptel on
Debian).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com