[asterisk-users] Getting SIP Response Code from HANGUPCAUSE

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Oct 26 19:47:27 CDT 2007

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007 16:13:11 Douglas Garstang wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I am quite familiar with ngrep. I was asking how I could get the
>> SIP response code from the dial plan.
>>

> You cannot.  And you shouldn't have to.  The dialplan should be generic
> to all protocols, not customized to SIP.

I disagree that is SHOULDN'T be available. We should have the option to
test for a SIP error return code of a specific type if we want. It can
make the logic for SIP calls considerably nicer -- especially in a
complex AGI.

Generally, I've found that dialplans should NOT be generic. They should
be customised to your particular environment. If your environment is
SIP, then the customisation should be available.

N.