[asterisk-users] ABE, Sangoma, T-1 no recognizing calls

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Fri Oct 26 08:52:39 CDT 2007

Hello All,
I have a setup of ABE  on rPath linux,Sangoma A101D, and a T-1 line (Not PRI)
which is all happily coexisting and all lights are green.
The T-1 comes in from the world into a "Shark Box" which splits the T into
384K data and 6 channels voice.  The data side is working great.  The voice
side, not so great.  It was originally broken out to 6 pots line and Verizon
came back and swapped cards in the shark and now it is a T-1 out.  Wanrouter,
zaptel and asterisk are all apparently happy.  When I place a call to * I
hear ring on the calling side but do not ever see anything in happen on the *
side.  When I try to call out i get:
Executing Dial("SIP/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-ab5012d0", "zap/3/603xxxxxxx") in new
stack
    -- Called 3/603xxxxxxx
And nothing else, at one time I was getting a zap/answered line but no more.

Relevent zapata.conf
[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

immediate=no

;Sangoma A101 port 1 [slot:8 bus:3 span: 1]
context=from-pstn
group=0
signalling=fxo_ls
channel => 1-6

zaptel.conf
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

#Sangoma A101 port 1 [slot:8 bus:3 span: 1]
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
fxols=1-6

Extensions.conf
[from-pstn]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(zap/3/603xxxxxxx);

Very simple setup at this moment, nothing fancy.  I am able to dial in via sip
and asterisk answers and send the call to the from-pstn context at which
point i see Executing Dial(blah, blah) in new stack;
I believe at this time that the problem is in the setup of the shark box.
Verizon tells me that there end is good and the T-1 is esf, B8ZS, loop start.
But I thought I would ask the list for some opinions before I started
pointing the finger.
Thank you for any help
JohnM