[asterisk-users] Start call from asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Oct 26 08:20:17 CDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 02:25:42PM +0200, Suity Zsolt wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Can you give me a hint, how can I start a call from asterisk with some
> (php, bash, etc) script?
>
> I need to start two calls and bride it together.

A call file, a manager Originate event or the 'originate' CLI command
(in Asterisk >= 1.4).

In all three you define a channel to generate a call from and what it
will do - either dialplan extension at context, or a dialplan application.

That application can be Dial to directly bridge your channel with
another channel. Or you can use a custom dialplan to do exactly what you
need.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com