[asterisk-users] Unable to dial out over Zap - span 1 got hangup, cause 44

David Kennedy davepkennedy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:02:41 CDT 2007

Hi

I posted earlier about having issues connecting to Telewest's ISDN,
only to find out later Telewest had forgotten to turn it on -
hopefully I'm not having a similar silly problem.

My PRI span is now up and operational, but when I try to send a call
out over it, I just get congestion tones. Occasionally, I get about
one second of ring tones, only for it to cut out and play congestion.

Here's a bit of output (I've taken out the phone number)
    -- Executing [s at macro-dialexternal:6]
Dial("SIP/charlie59-082bc890", "Zap/<my phone number>|3600") in new
stack
    -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
    -- Called g0/<my phone number>
    -- Channel 0/4, span 1 got hangup, cause 44
    -- Forcing restart of channel 0/4 on span 1 since channel reported in use
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
[Oct 25 17:35:22] NOTICE[20503]: cdr.c:434 ast_cdr_free: CDR on
channel 'Zap/4-1' not posted
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

Additionally, once a zap channel has been used like this, it seems to
end up in stuck in this state:
PRI Flags: Resetting

Previously, someone mentioned that the TE110P card installed had a few
issues and I should be using a TE120P instead - could that be the
cause?

Thanks

Dave