[asterisk-users] Cisco 79xx logon/logoff

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Thu Oct 25 03:22:10 CDT 2007

Hi All,

I'd like to know if anyone has figured out a way to be able to have
users logon/logoff manually from Cisco 79xx phones (with SIP firmware
loaded)?
Scenario is, user walks into office, sits at a random desk, and logs
onto the phone. The system would need to "log them off" of the last
hardphone they were on, and then configure the new phone for their
extension.

We're creating hotdesks and it would be good if users could logon/logoff
the desk phones.

At present they all use softphones on the PC too, and I could engineer a
way of maybe doing things via cgi scripting, replacing the tftp config
files for that phone, and then remotely resetting the phone, however
that would be quite clumber sum.
And before I go that route, I wondered if any of the commercial A*k
systems already offer this?

If the Ciscos can't do this.. then can any other hardphones?

Adrian Marsh