[asterisk-users] How to get TCP access to CDR Master.csv

asterisk-users at rogg.is asterisk-users at rogg.is
Wed Oct 24 17:29:41 CDT 2007

Hi.

I'd like to get access to the CDR's generated by Asterisk (1.4) in real-time
from a remote connection coming in on TCP. Basically what I have is a
Windows application that is used to process incoming, outgoing and missed
call records putting them into a database for some analysing etc. This app
can connect to a TCP server and read from this connection the CDR's as they
are coming in (being generated).

I can't find this as a "feature" of the standard Asterisk... but maybe I'm
missing something? The closest I could get is something around the manager
api but it's not really what I'm after. I'd like to access the CDR's them
selves.

Being a (more or less) novice Linux user the only thing I can think of is
trying to do this using Perl scripts where it would set up a listening
socket and when connection is received it would do something like (in
princip, not managed to do this properly yet):

print $connection `tail -f /var/log/asterisk/cdr-custom/Master.csv`

But even this is full of issues to solve. Things like only one connection at
a time (which I can live with) from the remote computer. The fact that tail
will not write to the socket (yeah, a major issue probably) which I'm
thinking of trying to solve by reading line by line somehow and writing back
to the socket... not even sure if this is possible.

So basically I'm hoping someone has a nice solution for this. With or witout
scripting, external programs of some sort (runnin ubuntu 7.04 or 6.06) or
whatever works. I'd really appreciate your input here.

Sincerely, Baldvin