[asterisk-users] [Fwd: Internal LAN echo problem]

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:55:50 CDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Steve Totaro <stotaro at first-notification.com> wrote:

> Let me screw this thread up by top posting now.
>
> Could echo be caused by late packets if jitterbuffer is on or something
> or would that just cause lag?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

So, does this qualify as an in-line reply, or a top post? Maybe it's a
medium post ;)

If both calls were in the LAN, chances are good that the phones will have
re-invited to go around the SIP server. If that's the case, then it
shouldn't be a problem.

Now, if dial options, recording, or SIP settings prevent reinvites, then
this might be part of the problem.