[asterisk-users] AMI ActionID.... Doesn't work

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Wed Oct 24 14:23:04 CDT 2007

Douglas Garstang wrote:

> Is it well known that setting the ActionID when connecting to AMI has absolutely no effect?
> Is this fixed in Asterisk 1.4?
>
> If you add an ActionID to your Originate command for example, it looks like the only events that come back with an ActionID associated are the initial response, OriginateSuccess and OriginateFailure. That's it. No other events have an ActionID associated.

Correct. That's how it's supposed to be.

> This pretty much makes the AMI useless.

No. That way it's possible to match responses and actions
because the order in which the responses arrive is not
guaranteed.

> What about all the other events? Newcallerid, Newstate, Link, Unlink and REALLY importantly the CDR events.

I think you're looking for some kind of unique id for all
the AMI packets belonging to a specific call(?).

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998