[asterisk-users] libdundi?

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Wed Oct 24 13:55:47 CDT 2007

> I would have thought an LGPL version wouldn't be out of the question.

I hope not!  LGPL is perfect for library-ish FOSS.  Releasing libraries
under standard GPL, while making Richard Stallman's heart go
pitter-patter, limits what they can do since they can only go into other
GPL projects.

The LGPL is a great license that balances software freedom/protection
with the flexibility to be used in all sorts of software projects,
including (gasp!) commercial and (double gasp!) proprietary ones.

A libdundi that could be included in other OSS telephony projects would
definitely be a good thing.

-MC