[asterisk-users] register => to let Asterisk register to another softswitch via SIP

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 06:35:35 CDT 2007

Dear Alex;

Thanks for your great help and nice replies.

I would like to confirm that I understood your request
very well, so please advise me for the following:

1) If no need for registering asterisk with the
softswitch, then no need to use register => but we
will configure the section with type=peer and
host=softswitch_ipaddress, correct?

2) If no need to register asterisk with the
softswitch, then this kind of trunk is called trunk
tie and it is 'trusted', correct?

3) For receiving calls from the softswitch via the
trunk tie, then username and secret are not important
for the section configuration as the insecure=very,
correct?