[asterisk-users] register => to let Asterisk register to another softswitch via SIP

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 15:12:26 CDT 2007

Dear Alex;

Thanks alot for your nice help.

This is if I need to let Asterisk register with
another softswitch (so I used register =>), what if I
need asterisk to send call for the softswitch without
register to it (directly)? If I removed the register
=> then how it will distiguish the IP address in the
"host" at the [sip_trunk] is the IP address of the
softswitch that need to register with it and not the
IP address of the original caller sip endpoint?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Bilal

The same way you do it with IAX2, pretty much.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+sip.conf

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, bilal ghayyad wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> Alot of softswitches or PBX's does not accept to
> manipulate any SIP call without being registered
> firstly. So that means, I need asterisk to register
> firstly then I can route my calls to that SIP trunk.
>
> In IAX2, we use the register => , so what shall we
do