[asterisk-users] text management

cimsi cimsi at libero.it
Tue Oct 23 11:39:56 CDT 2007

Hi,
I know that Asterisk doesn't support Instant Messaging, but I'm trying to use the AGI function RECEIVE TEXT to implement a kind of IM service.
I have a sip softphone that tries to send a message to an active channel and the AGI script that expect to receive the text through the STDIN.
Two problems arise:
First: How can I say to asterisk to get the message? (I see on CLI console that the message arrives to asterisk but it drops it)
Second: how can I put this message in STDIN to let the AGI read it?

Has anybody used this feature? Can someone give an example of how to use it?

Any asuggestion would be appreciated.. thank you.
Silvia