[asterisk-users] Asterisk sends packets on 8004/udp

Yitzhak Bar Geva yitzhakbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 10:26:38 CDT 2007

For the life of me can't figure out why the Asterisk server generates an
enormous quantity of outgoing packets on port 8004/udp. They seem to have no
effect whether they are blocked by the firewall or not.
We're running SIP. Everything appears to be OK (except a large number of
ChanSpy write buffer overflow messages, which I also don't understand).
How can I discover whether these packets are desirable or not? What should I
do with them? I have found no documentation on port 8004.
Thanks in advance,
Yitzhak Bar Geva