[asterisk-users] Best USB Handset and Softphone Combination

Omar A. Sabek omar.sabek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:40:16 CDT 2007

Hello Steve,

I personally use an 'ultra-portable' headset from Logitech, I would
recommend this for any end-users that have laptops:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/internet_headsets_phones/devices/223&cl=us,en

There is also this model for desktops:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/internet_headsets_phones/devices/3622&cl=us,en

I've been using Counterpath Eyebeam with the USB headset for a year,
and I never had a problem. Eyebeam automatically switches it's profile
to use the USB mic and headset when it detects thats it's plugged in.

We haven't deployed Eyebeam to our clients because of the risk
involved with running a phone on an unmanaged desktop. Most of our
customers have little desktop management, if any. But I would
recommend either Eyebeam or Bria, they have a provisioning system for
easier management and the phones can be rebranded.

Good luck ;-)

Omar