[asterisk-users] Data calls through TDM2400E

Stephen Kratzer kratzers at pa.net
Tue Oct 23 09:13:07 CDT 2007

Hello. Has anyone been able to successfully make data (dialup modem) calls
through a TDM2400E? We're able to make fax and credit card calls fine, but
cannot successfully make modem calls using a 56K modem connected to a patch
panel connected to an FXS port which then gets bridged to an FXO port
connected directly to a phone line. We have 'echocancelwhenbridged=no' set
in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.  We're dialing into a Lucent TNT which drops
the call with a cause code of 11 (DCD-Detected-Then-Inactive. The modem
detected DCD, but became inactive). The modem call works fine when connected
directly to a phone line. Is there anything else that I can do to get this
working? Thanks.

Stephen Kratzer
Network Engineer
CTI Networks, Inc.