[asterisk-users] Force codec order

Baji Panchumarti baji.panchumarti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 08:02:20 CDT 2007

  On 10/22/07, Il Neofita  wrote:

> There is a way to force the order of the codecs in the sip.conf
> since the allow seams to let know only the accepted codec.

 I don't know about sip specifically, but from what I recall
 reading the .conf files   use   disallow=all  and then add
 codecs one by one, I believe the order in which you add
 them is the order they are checked in.

 your server cannot send a stream that the other side
 cannot decode, so both sides have to agree on a codec.

 Don't know if that answers your question.