[asterisk-users] G.729 codec between avaya and asterisk

satish patel satish_patel_2000_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 04:56:21 CDT 2007

Dear all

          i have asterisk connected with avaya through E1 back-2-back now when i configure my sip client with g.729 codec then i m not able to put call from asterisk to avaya and when i user g.711 it is working fine so i dont know why i need G.729 on E1 Trunk it is TDM technologies then why my call fail in g.729 case

  [sip_phone]------[asterisk]-----E1----[Avaya]----[analog_phone]

  Asterisk sip client configure with g.711 alaw/ulaw
  Avaya phone client configure g.711 alaw/ulaw

  suggest how do it implement g.729 on this case what change i have to done on both part

http://mail.yahoo.com