[asterisk-users] NAT traversal packet loss measurement

Yitzhak Bar Geva yitzhakbg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:35:13 CDT 2007

How can one measure the effect of NAT traversal packet loss?
We currently have no solution for NAT traversal for our SIP clients. There
is no doubt that packets are getting lost. What is not clear is how much
damage this does. On the face of it, everything seems fine. Could this be
so? Perhaps we're suffering a degradation in quality or our call setup times
could be improved. How can we measure this?
What's the simplest method of preventing packet loss due to NAT traversal in
a SIP environment?
Thanks,
Yitzhak