[asterisk-users] G729a codecs + Asterisk 1.4.11

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 18:05:06 CDT 2007

Dear Marc;

I readed your email about the codec G729a and I am now
also need to install the codec on my Asterisk.

I typed from Asterisk CLI:

core show version and I got the following:

Asterisk SVN-branch-1.4-r72556 built by root @
localhost.localdomain on a i686 running Linux on
2007-06-30 13:08:08 UTC

So I beleive that my processor is i686, correct? But I
am not able to know which one to download:

The x86-32 or x86-64 ? Can you please advise.

Also, the nocona or the opteron versions?

Regards
Bilal

-------------------
Good Morning,
Any help would be grateful to help me understanding
what's wrong...

I have bought 2 g729a licenses to digium and I would
like to have them
 works...
My processor is an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU
E5310  @ 1.60GHz (4
 processors)
so I have downloaded the

http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/codec_g729/asterisk-1.4/x86-64/codec_g729a_v32_nocona.tar.gz
 codec
I have registered my license, copied the
codec_g729a.so into the
 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules folder and restarted my
asterisk

But on the CLI when I type
asterisk*CLI> show modules like 72
Module                         Description

  Use Count
codec_g726.so                  ITU G.726-32kbps G726
Transcoder
 0
format_g729.so                 Raw G729 data

  0
format_g726.so                 Raw G.726
(16/24/32/40kbps) data
 0
format_g723.so                 G.723.1 Simple
Timestamp File Format
 0

The codec_g729a.so doesn't appear..........

Any idea how to solve the problem.....

Thanks

Best Regards,

Marc LEURENT