[asterisk-users] Making Asterisk a "Voice Router"

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Oct 22 09:22:13 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 09:39 -0400, end1r wrote:
> I’m interested in what software (Free or course) that people use when
> they want to add a “dial by voice” service to their asterisk system.
> Meaning I pick up the phone.. dial some extension… it prompts me for
> name.. I say “John Smith”.. and it dials his extension and connects
> the call..

I've done this using Asterisk and the LumenVox speech engine... in fact,
I spoke about it at AstriCon Europe in 2006.  My slides are available at
http://www.astricon.net/files/Jared_Smith_EUR06.pdf.  (They may be
slightly out of date, but it should at least get you started.)

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager