[asterisk-users] Automatic provisioning of Sipura handsets (was: A linksys SPA921 behind NAT and firewall)

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Mon Oct 22 01:41:03 CDT 2007

Luki wrote:

> Here's how you do it.
>
> 1) In the DHCP server's config (dhcpd.conf) you specify the IP of the
> TFTP server:
> option tftp-server-name "66.55.44.33";
> This can be a remote server, as long as it's accessible by the device.
>
> 2) The factory settings on the Sipura devices (ATAs and phones) have
> /spa$PSN.cfg in the Provisioning profile rule, so the device will
> connect the TFTP server you specify and will try to retrieve that
> file, i.e. ftfp://66.55.44.33/spa942.cfg for the SPA-942 in this
> example.
>
> 3) This file contains very minimal information, which tells the device
> where to download its final configuration from. This can be a remote
> http server so you can maintain the configs on one central server.
> Example:
>
> <flat-profile>
>  <Profile_Rule ua="na">
>    http://YOUR.HTTP.PROVISIONING.SERVER.HOST/$MA.bin
>  </Profile_Rule>
> </flat-profile>

Is it possible that this only works with a "compiled" config?  I've been
trying do the above, but with the XML config, and I'm not getting
anywhere.

> 4) The device will then connect via HTTP and will try to retrieve for
> configuration for its MAC address. Since it's a HTTP request, you can
> generate the provisioning data on the fly (even from the a database),
> either in XML format or in compiled format if you have the Sipura
> compiler.

Oh well - I wonder what I'm doing wrong then.  I've been trying to get
this to work for most of last week.

> The above works just fine and very reliably. We have disabled periodic
> resync as the Sipura phones seem to reboot sometimes for no good
> reason when they apply the "new" but unchanged profile. If there is a
> config change, we just push it on the phone with SIP NOTIFY option.

Do you push it from Asterisk or somewhereelse?  Again, I can't make it
work. I've got "Auth resync-reboot" disabled on the SPA, so it
shouldn't be asking for authentication, but the SIP NOTIFY goes out,
and the phone does nothing.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - your spam is our business.