[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Cisco

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Sun Oct 21 00:42:00 CDT 2007

Isee no one has answered you so far, so I'll try:

>    I have asterisk ip-pbx on my network, with some grandstream ip phone
>    and i have cisco gateway that is connetced to VOIP service providers .
>    Cisco is 3700 series and is using H323 .
>    i have compiled H323 on asterisk . now i want to make a call from ip
> phone that is registerd to asterisk , and route call to VOIP provider
>    so this call should goes to teh cisco from asterisk and then go to the
> VOIP serviece provider network
>
>    ip-phone ->asterisk->cisco->voip netwrok
>
>    how can i do that , whats asterisk config file ( H.323, sip and
> extensions.conf ) and how is cisco configuration for this setup?
> Thanks
> Giti

I've done this with Cisco-2,811 (the exact model should not matter) and with
SIP (H.323 should be quite similar).

On Asterisk you have to add a rule in the dialplan to direct the outgoing calls
to the Cisco. In the most simple way it should be something like:

   Dial(${EXTEN}@ip-address-of-Cisco-gateway)

On the Cisco gateway you should have a dial-peer which calls the PSTN. For
example:

dial-peer voice 2 pots
 destination-pattern 0T
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 no digit-strip
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/0/0:15

(this will direct any call to 0xxxxxxx to voice card 0/0/0:15).

If you need a more detailed config please contact me off-list.

                              Regards, __Yehavi: