[asterisk-users] IAX2: Calls answered before extension is tested?

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:58:12 CDT 2007

On 10/19/07, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> joakimsen at gmail.com wrote:
> > So your problem is:
> >
> >     -- IAX2/alanb-3 answered SIP/101-081d1050
> >
> > Except the remote end didn't actually answer the call? The problem is
> > your remote end... its answering the call. All the IAX hardphones I've
> > seen don't seem to be the highest of quality honestly.
> >

> Hi,
>
> That's not a phone. That is another Asterisk server, configured with an
> IAX2 - IAX2 connection between our two offices. His real "extension" is
> a Twinkle Softphone.
>
> This is what I was questioning initially. It appears as though asterisk
> is "answering" the incoming IAX2 connection call *before* actually
> checking if the true destination is actually available or not.
>
> Thanks for the input - I probably didn't explain myself clearly enough.

Can you post the relevant section of extensions.conf from the machine
that is answering the call and please state the asterisk versions of
both?

Also there's really no need to use ",tr" in your macro dialstring.
Removing it can only help. I bet you have an "r" on the other end and
the call is answered to send the ringing tone when it should be sent
out of band. Just a guess because I can't see your other dialplan.