[asterisk-users] A linksys SPA921 behind NAT and firewall

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 11:50:59 CDT 2007

On 10/20/07, Per Jessen <per at computer.org> wrote:
> Found it - thanks again.
>
> Whilst I've got your attention - have you managed to make an SPA do a
> periodic config refresh?  As far as I can tell, mine is all set to go,
> except it doesn't.  I can poke it with the admin/resync URL, but I'd
> rather that it would ask on its own.
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

If by periodic you mean Webster's definition "occurring repeatedly
from time to time" then yes. Make sure you reset the phone to defaults
and make sure you are using the spc.exe version that matches your
firmware (the ones from spc.pifiu.com are OLD .. but should somewhat
work... and last I checked Linksys didn't have a version for their
latest firmware) and that you are using a config template from the
same version.

Your best option is to join the Linksys serviceprovider program and
work with their support on your issues. The SPA-phones will provision
somewhat -- resync on SIP NOTIFY is broken and resysnc on
reboot/periodic doesn't work exactly as I expected it to. I can't even
get the SPA-ATA to apply the config even when using the exact spc.exe
version for the device. Go figure.

If you are trying to use non-complied ("XML") profiles... don't even
bother wasting your time.