[asterisk-users] Can I emulate SIP presence for an extension?

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Sat Oct 20 07:44:54 CDT 2007

Philipp Kempgen wrote:

> http://www.asterisk.org/node/48325
> http://www.asterisk.org/node/48360

Brilliant, that works a treat, thanks! :)

Now, for my next question....

I have 2 remote sites; 1 @ home, and 1 which I will shortly be transporting
to Spain. I've already set up my dialplan so that when a call comes in to
the POTS line, it automatically rings on 2 or 3 sites; to do this, it uses
an IAX2 channel between the local & remote servers.

So, for example, a call comes in on the ZAP channel, and rings xtns 5100 and
6100 (5100 is "local", 6100 is "remote" via IAX2).

I answer on 6100 ("remote") & can talk to the caller no problem. Having
determined it's a telemarketer, I then transfer them to extension 5555
(which is back on the "local" Asterisk).

The appropriate lamp lights on extension 5100's phone, as per the DEVSTATE
above.

However, because I answered on 6100, I now don't know (from that phone)
whether xtn 5500 is "live" or not...

So, is there any way of monitoring the status of a device on a "remote"
server, perhaps utilising an IAX2 channel?

Cheers,
Ade.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.