[asterisk-users] polycom ip330/ip501 second ethernet port

Al lists asteriskal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 19:50:37 CDT 2007

I Just wanted to add something here,
Having separate VLAN does nothing in terms of QOS.
In fact having a computer feeding from phone make more sense because phone
will untag packets coming from PC.
and after that its all about your switch how to prioritize packets.
Unless there is a way in your switch to prioritize one Vlan over another
Vlan, ( i guess it depends on your manufacture, i think Cisco does that and
also uses CDP to discover phones) Having different Vlans is not your answer.
the most you get is less broadcast.