[asterisk-users] Best USB Handset and Softphone Combination

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Fri Oct 19 09:21:57 CDT 2007

I have a client that want to try the softphone with USB handsets route
to see if hardphones will even be needed.  I always push for hardphones
(Polycom) so I am not sure about softphones or USB handsets.

This is going to be for a 300+ seat call center onsite and many offsite,
I plan on using OpenVPN for the offsite machines.

Any advice on softphones, handsets, or practical experience with this
sort of deployment?  It would be very nice if there was a central way of
provisioning the phones.

All machines are fairly new (newer than two years), they have very
strict policies on downloads and streaming.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Steve