[asterisk-users] Receptionists Phone suggestions? (Not Snom370)

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Fri Oct 19 03:12:20 CDT 2007

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent receptionists phone?
Aastra?  Grandstream?

Something with (potentially) lots of BLFs, large(ish) screen, headset
and most importantly the ability to transfer calls?

I've installed five Snom 370s that seemed ideal but my client is very
very unhappy as the Snom 370 can't transfer a call correctly if there's
another call coming in (details below if you/re interested).  I've
verified this problem with Snom who's response is that the receptionist
should answer all of the incoming calls before trying to do a transfer -

That's just Bonkers!

So... any suggestions?

Details of Snom 370 problem for the record:

Snom370 gets a Call (Call A).
Snom370 answers Call A. Call A wants to be transferred to Phone C.
Snom370 has another call ringing (Call B).
Snom370 presses HOLD button gets Dialtone. Call A is on Hold, Call B
still ringing.
Snom370 Dials Phone C (Call C).
Snom370 talks to Call C.
Snom370 presses TRANSFER.

The display shows:

        < CallA
        > CallB

The soft keys now show "<<" and ">>". Pressing them does nothing.

When the TRANSFER button is pressed again, CallA is connected to CallB
(the original caller is now talking to the previously unanswered party)
not what one wanted to happen!

It's not difficult to see why my client is throwing their toys out of
the pram and I'm going to have to replace the Snoms at my expense :-(

--
 Regards,
     Russell