[asterisk-users] IAX2: Calls answered before extension is tested?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 02:14:35 CDT 2007

joakimsen at gmail.com wrote:
> So your problem is:
>
>     -- IAX2/alanb-3 answered SIP/101-081d1050
>
> Except the remote end didn't actually answer the call? The problem is
> your remote end... its answering the call. All the IAX hardphones I've
> seen don't seem to be the highest of quality honestly.

Hi,

That's not a phone. That is another Asterisk server, configured with an
IAX2 - IAX2 connection between our two offices. His real "extension" is
a Twinkle Softphone.

This is what I was questioning initially. It appears as though asterisk
is "answering" the incoming IAX2 connection call *before* actually
checking if the true destination is actually available or not.

Thanks for the input - I probably didn't explain myself clearly enough.

Alan

--
The way out is open!
http://www.theopensourcerer.com