[asterisk-users] Limit number of times a call can be forwarded

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Thu Oct 18 18:34:48 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Pobanz" <dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 3:38 PM
Subject: [asterisk-users] Limit number of times a call can be forwarded

> We have had a few different times when a user has forwarded their phone
> to himself. This has overloaded the communications to our operator panel
> (FOP). One user should not be able to effect the whole phone system!
>
> Is there a way that the number of times that a call can be forwarded
> could be limited like to 10 or even 100? Then even if a user does
> something stupid like forwarding their calls to himself, it wouldn't
> cause problems for others.
>
> Don Pobanz

In sip.conf (assuming you are using SIP) you can set call-limit=10. This
would limit the amount of calls the SIP account can place to 10. Another
thing you can is have a macro compare the CID of the phone to where the call
is going to. If they are the same dump the call and maybe have an agi that
emails the sysadmin and or user of the issue.