[asterisk-users] centos 5 vs OpenSuse 10.3

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 11:22:24 CDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:
> Apart from religious grounds (!), is there any pros or cons why I should
> choose one over the other for a new install of asterisk ?
>
> Julian

SuSE is known for using the latest packages with each release, and
RHEL/CENTOS are known for using old citing "stability." SuSE Is just
as stable, they don't use beta version only tested stable releases.

Just 5 months ago CENTOS started to use Linux 2.6.... one of the
reasons I'd abandoned for SuSE a while back.