[asterisk-users] Is anyone successfully using IMAP storage

joakimsen at gmail.com joakimsen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 10:50:58 CDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From personal experience, Asterisk 1.4 IMAP storage seems broken and
> unusable.
> Is anyone using it successfully ?
>
> This kind of poll would be very useful to estimate is a code rewrite has a
> chance to disturb a running system.
> I we get no "successful report", it would help developers to consider a code
> rewrite as patch instead of a new feature.
>
> So please, do not hesitate to report successful or unsuccessful or never
> tried use of IMAP storage, it will increase our chances to get this feature
> in 1.4 branch and not wait for 1.6.
>
> Cheers

I wanted to use it but there's *NO* documentation. We don't use
dovecot but our IMAP server has a master user function... can't figure
out if its the same as the dovecot function, because:

1) The dovecot function isn't documented
2) There's no documentation as to how asterisk writes to the IMAP.

So I'll put it out to the world to see if someone knows how it
works.... Our email server can do this:

"You can log into any mailbox via IMAP if your user has mboxadmin
capabilities. So if you want to use UserA to log into UserB's mailbox,
you can do the following:

Username: mboxadmin:UserA:UserB
Password: Password_User_A"

Is that what Asterisk is expecting?