[asterisk-users] phone as control interface(was99bottlesofbeer)

marcotasto marcotasto at libero.it
Thu Oct 18 07:39:07 CDT 2007

Hi Lenz.
What I did to interface asterisk with the door opener was to implement, in the board, a custom embedded server that receives and parses a set of UDP packets containing a known data in it.
In the dialplan I then call a perl AGI script that sends UDP packets in the correct sequence and with proper contents inside.
I've implemented in this way to be able to open the door not only by calling an internal extension but even through a dedicated external "pushbutton" connected to a second board that sends the same UDP packet sequence when the pushbutton is pressed.

I did some other experiments trying to embed a very lite SIP layer (written from scratch to be the more embeddable as possible) and I was able to register to my Asterisk PBX and to answer to OPTION packets (sent by the PBX) to be qualified as a valid SIP channels... but it's today only an experiment because I never had time to terminate it. :-(
SIP is complex and to write a SIP compliant layer is a very time consuming stuff.

Another think that could be done is to use the already working HTTP server layer. Think about sending an HTTP GET or POST, again, with an external perl AGI script.

Thank you and bye.

Marco Signorini.