[asterisk-users] Refrigerator Alarms

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Oct 17 16:14:08 CDT 2007

Quoting Balu Raman <braman09 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> I want asterisk to call a person on the phone for monitoring the
> refrigerator storing vaccines.
> I am clueless where to look. Can someone clue me in ?
> Thanks,
> balu raman

I used this way back for something similar but forget the details
there is a call queue directory you drop files in that can call an
arbitrary number, and play a recording.

I think for that sort of application though, wouldn't something like
digitemp->snmpd->opennms->pager numbers or sms

be more appropriate ?

the problem I found with the call and play is they build up when the
calls go unanswered and the whole sequence of things goes to hell.
Then you get calls when all is well again, etc etc., and it really
gets annoying when its 3am.

opennms has escalation to page other people if unacknowledged, etc.,
and can try other contact methods if the initial ones fail.

you also have built in thresholds like certain temperature might be a
warning, another temperature is critical.

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com