[asterisk-users] Preflight check / lint

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Oct 17 14:42:31 CDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 08:23:23PM +0100, Andy Davidson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am writing scripts to manage configuration management and Asterisk.
>
> I would like to be able to point the asterisk binary at config
> directory with an asterisk.conf in it, and for asterisk to run a pre-
> flight check.  A bit like a pint check in php, 'apachectl configtest'
> and lots of other tools.
>
> asterisk will then exit with 0 on a safe config, and 1 on a bad
> config.  I can reject bad config and stop my config management script
> in the event of an error.
>
> Looking at the man page, it looks like this feature is missing.
>
> Anyone got another tool which can do this instead ?

One lame suggestion: run a different asterisk. This will require an
engeneered asterisk.conf . It will also cause problems as the new
asterisk will try binding to local ports to which the current asterisk
is already bound.

Asterisk is also not so good at detecting broken configuration and dying
from it.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com