[asterisk-users] Asterisk using 200% CPU and then crashing...

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Wed Oct 17 13:05:13 CDT 2007

Carlos Chavez wrote:
> 	We have a customer that has Asterisk 1.4.12.1, Zaptel 1.4.5.1,
> Asterisk-Addons 1.4.3. running on a Dell Poweredge 1900 server (Dual
> Core Xeon, 4gb RAM, 500gb Raid 5).  Until a month ago they had two
> TE120P cards and everything was working fine.  Since they needed to add
> a third E1 line we decided to change one of the TE120P cards with a
> TE210P.  After the change we had a couple of crashes (server completely
> locks up).  At first we thought we had a defective card so we changed it
> but kept having the same problem.  We have tried a TE411P, a Sangoma
> A104x (PCI express), an Openvox D210P and D410P and still the server
> crashes about three times a week.  I can see the Asterisk process go
> from around 10% usage to 100%, then 200% and the server hangs after
> that.

The Dell PowerEdge 1600 is listed on
http://www.digium.com/en/docs/misc/compatibility_notes.php
Not sure about the 1900.

However your problem might be completely unrelated to
any Dell specific issues.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998