[asterisk-users] Play sound on hangup

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 11:03:55 CDT 2007

In article <200710171818.54209.atis at iq-labs.com>,
Atis Lezdins <atis at iq-labs.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have some ideas - how to play a sound file on channel, after that
> bridged channel got hanged up?

So A calls B, who answers; A talks to B and B then hangs up - you want a sound
file played to A?

Assuming A is executing in the dialplan, and calls Dial() to call B, you might
be able to do it by giving the 'g' option to Dial(), so that the calling
channel continues after Dial has returned. You then follow the Dial with a
Playback() command.

However, in the above scenario, if it is A who hangs up, I don't think you
can play a message to B, since B is not executing in the dialplan.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield