[asterisk-users] Problem: features (from features.conf) not available if call was originated by manager API or call file

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Oct 17 09:51:49 CDT 2007

On Sunday 14 October 2007 15:02:43 Volker Sauer wrote:
> Hello asterisk-users,
>
> I setup my asterisk to support several features like
> automon,blindxfer,atxfer,parkcall etc. by using features.conf and the
> global variable
> DYNAMIC_FEATURES=automon#blindxfer#atxfer#parkcall#disconnect in
> extension.conf. Every Dial() command in my diaplan has the appropriate
> parameters out of {tTkWwW}.
> For calls from my SIP phones everything works fine. Pressing #1 will
> transfer, pressing ## will automon and so on.
>
> But if I originate the call from either a call file (which is used by a
> callback application on my setup) or the manager api (which is used by a
> webadressbook, which automatically dials and connects to the phone on
> your desk) these features are not available even the manager api jumps
> to the same context as a normal call from a phone and uses the same
> Dial() command with {tTwWkK}. This means, that alle the nice feature
> keys which "normally" work do not if I originate the call over the
> webfrontend.
> Therefore, either the global variable is not known to the call which
> came from the call file or the manager api or something else is going
> wrong.

If it's a global variable, and it works one way, but not another - then you
should post a bug.

You can also try using in your call file:

Set: DYNAMIC_FEATURES=automon#...

If this doesn't help either, you can dial to Local channel, and there execute
a Dial(), and set variables if necessary.

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins