[asterisk-users] Help Needed - Error when playing wav files in 1.4.11

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Oct 17 09:12:35 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 08:18:01 David Thomas wrote:
> I get the following error when trying to play wav files for my IVR
> menu. Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?
>
> [Oct 17 01:04:23] WARNING[9799]: format_wav.c:124 check_header: Does not
> say fmt

It means that your .wav files do not correspond to the standard wav format.
Probably the vendor that created your wav files ignored some part of the
specification, or they're using some specification that we aren't aware of.

If you use sox to convert the files, you should be able to get a format that
is playable by Asterisk.

--
Tilghman