[asterisk-users] Voicemail issues in 1.4.11

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Tue Oct 16 20:54:51 CDT 2007

Jeremy Mann wrote:
> Asterisk isn’t playing my voicemail greetings even though they are
> defined.  Below are the relevant configs(from show dialplan) as well as
> the level 3 verbose messages asterisk is giving.  Also a listing of the
> directory.
>
> Asterisk just plays the “The person at extension…” message, not the
> greetings I have recorded.

Try to get rid of all of the "unavail" files in your directory but one.

I had the same thing happen to me and realized that I had lost track of
which files were valid and which weren't (IOW, I had a bunch of empty or
corrupt audio files). Use the process of elimination to find a file and
codec that works.

You might also try doing a stack trace if increasing the verbosity
doesn't help you find the problem.

-Stephen-