[asterisk-users] asterisk at non-root / zaptel

Robert McNaught robert.mcnaught at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:57:26 CDT 2007

Alan,

What do you mean by the udev rules?

I previously had asterisk compiled and running as user and group
'asterisk'

zaptel and libpri were compiled and installed using user 'root'

so the zaptel service was root.  I had a dependency issue with asterisk
trying to access a file owned by root for zaptel to work.  How is yours
configured?

Should I be trying to compile and install libpri and zaptel as user
'asterisk' - I tried this but would not compile as dependency problems
with files being owned as root.  Do you know if there is options in the
make command to put when you compile libpri and zaptel as user
'asterisk' - maybe that would get round it?

Cheers

Robert