[asterisk-users] Voicemail gain option NOT working in 1.4.11?

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Oct 16 10:02:47 CDT 2007

David Thomas wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I cannot seem to get the voicemail gain option g(#) work in Asterisk
> 1.4.11. I am using it like so...
>
> Voicemail(4444 at mycontext,bg(10)) ; for busy announce and 10dB record gain
>
> This has absolutely NO affect on the resulting voicemail wav file.

I'm not sure how the gain option works as an argument to Voicemail(), but I know
that the volgain option for e-mail attachments requires that you have sox
installed in order to work properly. If you don't already have it installed, I
would suggest installing sox and seeing if that helps.

Mark Michelson