[asterisk-users] Echoes & Asterisk connects too early

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Tue Oct 16 07:24:51 CDT 2007

Hello,

I have read the articles on echo cancellation
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk), but couldn't find a
solution to my problem.

We are running Asterisk 1.4.12 together with an EICON DIVA SERVER BRI-2M
PCI (current driver from EICON) and some SNOM 300/360.
There are few clients where we recognize echoes on both sides when we
call them via ISDN.
With some of these clients we don't even hear their name, when they pick
up the phone, because Asterisk connects the call to early.
 I don't know whether these two effects belong together but both are
rather disturbing.

Here is our capi.conf:

[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=1
txgain=0.8
language=de

[ISDN1]
incomingmsn=8304498,8304499
isdnmode=msn
group=1
controller=1
softdtmf=1
context=isdnin
echosquelch=2
echocancel=yes
echotail=64
callgroup=1
devices=2

I have changed the values for rxgain and txgain but that didn't change much.

Thanks for any hint or advice,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther