[asterisk-users] Hardware requirements

Andreas van dem Helge joakimsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:13:38 CDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Doug <Doug at natel.net> wrote:
>  Case:
> 1 CodeGen 4U Server Case $80
> http://tinyurl.com/bnobz
>
> http://tinyurl.com/95s2b
>

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811182566
>
> Or:
>
> 1 Eagle Tech ET-RMAL2025-SL Beige 2U Server Case 2 External 5.25"
> Drive Bays
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811117111
>

> Power Supply:
> 1 Dual 450 W. power supply  -- IStar
>
> https://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PS-TC50R8A
>
> http://www.directron.com/tc400r8.html
>
> Or:
>
> 1 535W power supply -- Enermax
>
> https://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA23110
>

> Motherboard, CPU & 1GB of memory:
>
>  AMD ATHLON 64 X2 5000+
>  (ADO5000DDBOX) ENERGY EFFICIENT RETAIL BOXED
>  W/512KB X 2 CACHE 65NM 65W (BRISBANE)
>  BUNDLE W/ ASUS M2NPV-VM

Don't get me wrong, the M2NPV are great boards we use them all the
time for "home appliances" type devices they run 24/7 and process alot
of media. And also for frontend because they have the HD video
outputs.

However I'd prefer to use a "server" mainboard for dedicated Asterisk
systems. I've had great luck with the Tyan bareones systems. Or
SuperMicro is great too. Its too bad you can't find any "cheap" 4U
barebones... 1U $500.. 4U $1200 it makes no sense. Spend a few more
dollars on a "server" or "workstation" mainboard I've found in >2
years reliability is greater.