[asterisk-users] About .call files when the congestion is on my side

Cosmin Prund cosmin.prund at adicomsoft.ro
Mon Oct 15 03:26:41 CDT 2007

Hello everyone.

I'm working on an application that needs to automatically send faxes. To
send the faxes I create .call files but the .call files mostly fail
because my lines are always congested within business hours! Is there
any trick I can use to give the end user a better chance at actually
receiving the faxes?

I already tried using the local channel for dialing (so I can put in
there a loop that waits for a line to be available) but this doesn't
work because I'm sending faxes using chan_capi's capicommand(sendfax) -
and that command requires an chan_capi channel, it doesn't like the
"local" channel. Besides, looping in the dialplan would probably
interfere with the "Wait" option in the .call file so that's a really
bad solution.

--

Thanks for any suggestion,

Cosmin Prund