[asterisk-users] ResponseTimeOut() and t extension

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 17:35:04 CDT 2007

Hi List;

Can someone advise me why in the below context, it
does not run the Background step? Once I dial 1000,
then it hangup and give congestion signal? If I
comment the ResponseTimeOut, then it run the
Background but it does not wait till caller enter the
digits, once the sound file finish, then it hangup
(congestion signal), also in all the situation, it
does not go for the t extension, why? Is it because I
am originating the call from local extension (an
handset connected to FXS port) and the call should be
originated from FXO or IP Trunk, or what is the
problem exactly?

[Test_Bilal]

include => KuwaitInternal
include => EgyptInternal
exten => 1000,1,Goto(s,1)
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout(5)
exten => s,3,Background(WelcomeMessage)
exten => 0,1,Dial(SIP/EgyptOperatorSIP,10)
exten => 0,2,Background(WelcomeMessage)
exten => 0,2,Playback(vm-nobodyavail)
exten => 0,3,Hangup()
exten => 0,102,Playback(tt-allbusy)
exten => 0,103,Hangup()
exten => i,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)
exten => i,2,Goto(EgyptIncomingPSTN,s,1)
exten => t,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => t,2,Hangup()

Any help??

Regards