[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.13 build crashed

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Oct 13 13:53:32 CDT 2007

Alan Lord wrote:

>     [CC] chan_zap.c -> chan_zap.o
> chan_zap.c: In function ‘process_zap’:
> chan_zap.c:11149: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make[1]: *** [chan_zap.o] Error 1
> make: *** [channels] Error 2

<snip>

> If I can help further just let me know. For now, I will go back to 1.4.12.

As the message says, this is a bug in your compiler, and should be
reported to the packager (or in this case, since you are using LFS,
directly to the GCC maintainers). I will tell you that we have been
building Asterisk 1.4 with GCC 4.2.1 for quite a while without problems
on our development systems.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies